TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Poser3 & Flash

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 5th 2002#29563 Report
i have just started getting to grips with Poser and i am keen to include some poser artwork on my upcoming flash site.
Ideally i would like to have a poser animation play on screen but how would i do that? the only way i can see is to take the animation apart from poser frame by frame and then make a movie out of the clips in flash. Otherwise could i maybe export the animation to director and then to flash...?

Please help if you can as i am keen to make use of poser but just the regular still image of a figure posing isnt really relevant to my site..
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2002#29590 Report
if i remember correctly, if you make a new symbol(movie clip) and then import an animated .gif it will automatically seperate the image into each frame..then you will have it
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2002#29600 Report
I've tried that, and it didn't work. Flash automatically detects a number of frames in the animation and will ask you to import them or not. Howver, if you import them, you canot just bung them in a movie clip symbol. It will go onto your main stage, and then you can copy and paste the frames into a new movie clip.

Otherwise, if you have a movie clip open, and you choose import, it will work, but then when you put the movie on stage, it will only duplicate the first frame...i think.To be safe, import it and then make the MC and then paste in the frames. Since Flash is vector based, your movie quality won't be the best on exporting, you might want to trace bitmap it....
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2002#29611 Report
ok now im even more confused than i was the first time round! ive tried importing gifs b4 and it asks whether i want to import all frames which is handy...trouble is i dont know where to go from there, all this talk of movie clips is confusing me :(

also how do i export out of poser?...there is no gif option so i would have to export frame by frame....that sux!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2002#29613 Report
Ok,

1.Go into poser, and choose Animation->Make Movie

2. Now click on sequence, you don't want it as a sequence, so your other alternative is to export .pict files. I'm using a mac by the way, it may be bmp for windows, haven't a clue!

3.Now open up flash and immediately import the first frame, it will ask you to import all of them, which you do.

4. Now copy all the frames (don't have too many frames, it leads to large swfs) and then make a new Movie Clip (MC).

5. In the new MC, go and paste the frames and then you should have a working MC.

6. Go back to the main stage and delete the origional frames, and drop the MC onto it. This should do it, if not, tell me and i'll try myself.

Quality is notgoing to be good. What 'trace bitmap' in you menu does is convert whatever pic you have, or frame and make it a vector bitmap. Howver, you have to go through frame by frame to get this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum