TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Maya install problem

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 19th 2002#27503 Report
Well I just got back after three weeks of overseas and have run into a bit of a problem when installing my brand spanking new copy of maya 4.

Everytime I try to install the program I am told that an error has been caused in _ins5567 and that I i should exit the setup and try again or retart my computer. This does not however fix my problem.

The Manuals and all the other bits and peices that come with it do not offer any soultion, nor do many help lines I have tried calling for a soloution on this.

I would be greatful for any help on this.

Thanks
Duo Flip
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 19th 2002#27535 Report
Well, i'm sure that if you bought Maya and called the helpline, your problem would be solved... You've paid a huge amount of money for this program. You're entitled to a full replacement/repair, take no sh*t from them. DEMAND a new copy. Try copying _ins5567 onto your hardrive and delete the old one, or install it all over again.

Aidan
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27574 Report
I have called the helpline about 6 times and when I finally got through to speaking to another human he was no help at all and just gave me a list of new numbes to call. The people on the other end of thoses lines don't have any idea of what I am trying to tell them.

I have also left messages demanding a new copy but no responce has be given after 3 days now, this is getting VERY anoying and I'm beggining to wonder if i'll ever get it working.

As for what you said about copying and pasting _ins5576 onto my harddrive, I cant seem to locate the file on the Maya CD, I have searched and searched with no success.

I am truely stumped on this one.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27612 Report
It might be a hidden or a file which actually didn't come with the CD, it might be your computer. Make sure you have the right requirements. As for your phoning, call the main number again and tell them, the first thing you tell them, that you demand a new copy and that you're taking no sh*t and that you want to speak to a member who actaully knows about Maya. I cant believe the lack of care when it comes to such an expensive piece of software. I'm dumbfounded, keep trying man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27741 Report
That is exactly what I thought, I can't belive after paying all that money they have such poor support for it.

I can not find that file anywhere on my computer, or the cd so still in the mean I am just using my old copy of C4D time to meet my 3d needs.

Thanks for the help

btw I like the new sig, looks good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27809 Report
Don't give up. Thanks about the sig, i posted the pic that came from. the pic is here

Edit:this was done in C4D, who needs maya?!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27830 Report
I must say I have been growing quite fond of C4D, it's a nice little proggy and works well for making 3d still images. I much prefer how maya handles animation and thats a one of the reasons reason I bought it.

I like your image cybling the match stick looks very nice indeed.:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27837 Report
Oh, you forgot the fact that Maya also has a kick-ass way of making your 3D look photo-realistic, just like the statues in Lord Of the Rings, that was Maya.

PS, your sig isn't working. Just thought YOU might be able to see it because of your cookies!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 23rd 2002#28003 Report
Maya does make you work look very realistic but I must say I was blown away by lightwave 7's rendering, it is SOOOO GOOD i was positve that some work i saw was a photo . I'll post some scans of it that was featured in the latest "Design Graphics" mag, it is truely amazing.

My sigs been broken for ages, I just have not got round to fixing it yet.

btw i'll put the scans in my next post
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 24th 2002#28139 Report
They ARE coming, I just need to find a new host, any suggestions?:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum