TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

flash 5 help pleez

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 11th 2002#26744 Report
i know i should go to a flash forum but you guys answer so fast i figured i would give it a shot here too,

If anyone has any knowledge of flash 5 and knows how to get a button in flash to open a pop up window pleez tell me

i am making a "simple stereo interface" where users can flip thru a list of music and choose a song to play, but when they click play i want a pop up window to open that is very small, but all i know how to do is open a full sized webpage that closed the "interface" flash page.

again i know this probably isnt the best forum to ask this at but the other forums i asked still havent responded and i figured i would just ask here to see what happens.

thanks ahead of time
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2002#26754 Report
You want to pop open a new HTML window from Flash, I'm guessing sized to a certain height/width? You'll create a javascript function in your HTML that pops the new window, just like you would in regular HTML. Then use a "get URL" action on your button that calls that javascript when clicked and it'll pop the new window. Hope that helps.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2002#26757 Report
yea, thanks man, i figured it out : ) but i think you left out a detail or i just rigged it retarded, i dunno you be the judge

javascript:window.open ('titlepage.html', 'newwindow', config='height=100,
width=400, toolbar=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no,
location=no, directories=no, status=no')

thats what i did but the problem i had was that the flash page changed to somthin retarded, it was wierd and i looked around a bit at other sites and found this ......

void(0)

at the end of a few of them, i dont know what it means but when I added it like this .........

window.open ('titlepage.html', 'newwindow', config='height=100,
width=400, toolbar=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no,
location=no, directories=no, status=no'); void(0);

everything worked : ) just figured i would add this reply in case someone else has that problem, or maybe i just dont know anything :Þ you tell me
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum