TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash Question

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 11th 2002#26743 Report
This may not even be possible...but often times i'll come across various bits of flash on the web and I want to learn how they did that. Is there a way to break apart flash from websites to evaluate technique? I've been going through tutorials and have learned a lot...but for every bit I learn, always more I want to disect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-JvilleWhip
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2002#26749 Report
No, there is no way to "uncompile" flash movies that I know of. But a lot of flash designers on experimental sites will provide the source file for download so you can see how they did it.

At least that what I think... I don't use flash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31014 Report
..you can actually "disect" flash objects from the web. only if they havent passworded it during export.

view the source, get the location of the .swf object, download in a download manager (getright/downlaod accelerator..you have to if you want to dl it, or simply view your internet history)

file > import > select the .swf file and then you can edit / understand how they did what your looking for.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 14th 2002#31017 Report
That only gives you a couple of bitmaps and no script whatsoever. It basically lets you see the .swf in your flash screen, and let you move stuff around, that's it. Although this is the closest way to getting near any flash sites. I'd look into Colin Mook's Actionscript book, i bought it yesterday, seems to be excellent...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 15th 2002#31087 Report
indeed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum