TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Anyone here good with Lightwave?

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24123 Report
I've got this problem that's annoying me big time. I can't really describe it, but if you're good with LW, you might be able to figure out my problem, and how I might be able to fix it. I'm tired of remaking this over and over, and coming up with the same problem.

Example: http://visualintensity.com/modelershot.jpg

That's right after I create the surface, with the Smoothing box checked, Diffuse at 80%, and Specular at 75%.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24124 Report
Is that there when you render or just in layout? How are you creating the model? (i.e. lathe, etc.)

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24125 Report
That's just when I'm creating it in Modeler.

I created one side, then used Lathe to make it 360ยบ. Then I add the surface, and that's the result I get.

I made the Sides setting real high (like around 150), if that makes a difference.

Rendering it takes it out for the most part, but the rough edges still remain around the base, and that 'swirl' is still visible inside the bowl. I've tried rendering it with different variations, all with the same result.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24132 Report
I'm not real familiar with the later versions of LW so i don't know how much i can help, but to be honest if you really don't see it when you render then who gives a flip? 3D is all about what you see, not how it was created or what it actually looks like. To quote a friend of mine (an animator/compositor in Hollywood) "if it looks right, it is right."

Random thoughts would start with moving/adjusting your lights to see if that changes anything. As far as the bottom edge i really can't tell how much detail there is there, but have you tried lathing it with a bit more curve in your original profile there?

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24137 Report
But it is still there when rendered. :D

I could angle the bowl, if really necessary, to hide that swirl problem, but the base would still be ridged.

I'll play around with the lighting, I guess. I've added enough curve to where it barely, if at all, changes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum