TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

FIG or any flas "wizards" please HELP!

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24081 Report
alright, i am pretty sure there is a way to accomplish this task:

(in photoshop)
i have a cool looking vibrant image about 500 by 500 pixels. If i flatten it down, then create a new layer on top of it and fill it with red about 100 pixels high, and 500 wide, then i set this layer mode to "color" and i drag it up and down it creates a cool effect.

now i want to do this same thign in flash!

This is what the original image looks like:
Original Image

This would be one of the frames in the flash movie:
Frame lets say 5 or something

This would be another frame somewhere in there (if i dragged it down more):
image 2

i know enough about flash to complete this but i dont know how to do it. can someone point me in the right direction, a website maybe?

PLEASE HELP!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24095 Report
Here's a simple way to do it:
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash5/dragmask2.asp

You'd have to constrict your drag to just being vertical though. There's also a whole section in the Drag Slide Fade book by Brendan Dawes on how to do this in a more advanced way.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24241 Report
i followed the tutorial, and when i use their images i can get it to work fine (the text and ball). but when i import the graphic that i showed you earlier, and i import a long red bar, i repeat the same process, and it doesnt work?!?!

that website u showed me is a good one, and i figured out how to do it with text, but i cant seem to do it with my own images!@

thanks in advance

-Brandon
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2001#24931 Report
Read it again.....carefully. By the way, your image is 217k big, too big for the size, don't optimise it that much, put the quality to 80 or even 70%, flash will take ages to load it otherwise....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum