TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

some help over here please

Page: 1 2 Reply
Dec 16th 2001#23590 Report
Well i just got Cinema 4d xl and find it to be a rather complicated program.

Does anyone know of any turorials that would help me get started.

Also what is better, maya or cinema 4d xl.

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 23rd 2001#24614 Report
lol!

what is better, maya or cinema 4d xl

Lol. Seeing as the Lord of the Rings was made using mostly Maya, i'm guessing that Maya's better. I have c4d xl7 myself, great program but not for films and stuff. Maya and hudini are probably the best 3d packages, both costing oh at least $100,000, depends on your package really. Maya makes C4D look like a piece of dog crap on the side of a road on a rainy day.......yet C4D is good. Maya is reserved for people who made Lord of the Rings, Shadow Man etc. If it's indusrial design, or logo deisgn or stuff like that, C4D's the best bet and it's not that difficult a program really.

If you bought C4D, which i suppose you didn't coz you're asking for tuts, you could look at the manual, but here's Maxon's own tuts for ya...

yoink
\
Aidan
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24637 Report
Maya makes C4D look like a piece of dog crap on the side of a road on a rainy day.......

Well i'm sorry to say this but, no i did not buy Cinema 4d xl 7.

If i could afford it well yeah i would buy it but i can't so i won't.
It was so tempting looking at the full version just asking to be downloaded on morpheus.

Thanks for the link, the tuts were pretty helpfull, some were a bit advanced for me at this stage but i can see it's going to be a good reference in the future.

btw please dont hate me for ripping off the company, i just think of it as an early christmas present from maxon to ease my mind.
:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24641 Report
Originally posted by cybling boy
Lol. Seeing as the Lord of the Rings was made using mostly Maya, i'm guessing that Maya's better. I have c4d xl7 myself, great program but not for films and stuff. Maya and hudini are probably the best 3d packages, both costing oh at least $100,000, depends on your package really. Maya makes C4D look like a piece of dog crap on the side of a road on a rainy day.......yet C4D is good. Maya is reserved for people who made Lord of the Rings, Shadow Man etc. If it's indusrial design, or logo deisgn or stuff like that, C4D's the best bet and it's not that difficult a program really.

Ok, if you have no idea what you're talking about please just don't talk. Thanks

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24642 Report
umm are you talking to me or cybling boy:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24656 Report
Talking to cybling boy as i quoted him But while I'm thinking about, no, don't look for help on admittedly pirated software either.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24662 Report
Hmm look at that, opportunity does make a thief...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24681 Report
Fig:

Ok, if you have no idea what you're talking about please just don't talk. Thanks

1. That's the Christamas spirit indeed, how kind of you!

2. I DO have a clue what i'm talking about.

3. It's too late, i already 'talked'.

4. People here are supposed to help other ppl. This post was unanswered for for about a week or something so what damn harm have i done? Ok, so maybe i don't know the exact price of the package, but the rest of the info is pretty much correct. You certainly didn't give a damn about the post before, and i did so how about you just 'dont talk'. Maybe i'm not this graphic designer who happens to read a crap load of stuff on 3D and thinks he's a genius but i don't care because i was the one trying to help this guy and simply POINTED OUT THE OBVIOUS which WAS correct. No need to give the bull sh**, all you had to say is: oh actaully it costs $blah blah and it would have been much nicer. what did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something????

5. Thank you and a happy christmas.

Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24709 Report
You want me to post correct information? Sure, I can let you that Cinema 4D is actually being used more and more in some commercial quality animation, including a animated short film that won a Big Kahuna award from 3D Design last year, and it would be a solid package to learn on but you might want to move up to something with more capability later on. I can say that Maya is used in everything from film to tv to games, not just by big film studios, tho they do use it a lot. Houdini's a solid package too but not real widely used. Lord of the Rings was made using a lot of different software, some Maya, some Mirai, and a lot of it proprietary. And you're about $90,000 off in your pricing of both those software packages. To be honest I didn't even see that question being asked initially, all I saw was the question about Cinema 4D tutorials, something I know nothing about.

And my bed's nice and comfy, thanks ;)

I'm not trying to rag on you or make fun of you, I just see a lot of folks who have used one package or read one article and post things as fact that are really a lot more based on opinion. Please don't take it personally, no offense intended.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 24th 2001#24712 Report
Okay, fair point but still, it's really not solely on your opinion. You could really not create effects in as seen in Lord of the Rings in C4D, it would take years...... I have C4D so why would i be bios on Maya? I love C4D and use it all the time (look at my sig!) and i've also used Maya on my friends comp and it's the same basics but it has so many more options. C4D still can't support 4 sided polys yet! I haven't read like 1 article on this, i have 3 3D books at home so you can't immediately suspect that i'm a newbie to 3D and that i dont know a thing, that's all i'm saying...

Happy christmas :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum