TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

importing picture is changing my background color

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22364 Report
I'm new to Quark and I don't know what else to do ! I am importing our logo into Quark, but when it goes to the picture box, the transparent background has turned white. What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22369 Report
You might want to try the Quark site and their forums:

http://www.quark.com/cgi-bin/WebX
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22372 Report
You need to create a "Clipping Path" around your logo so that it masks out the background.

Do a search through the index of Photoshop's "Help" files for the term "Clipping Path" and you'll find simple directions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22374 Report
In 4.0 you can perform a pretty good cliping path with-in Quark, just go Command + T [CTR + t for windows] to bring up the "runaround" pallet select something in the drop down menu and see what it does... I sometimes use the "Non-white areas" selection to make a quick clipping path.

that said, Utopian is right .... you'll get better results doing the clipping path in photoshop.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2001#22480 Report
Thanks for your help..... now I can sleep tonight.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2001#22713 Report
I'm pretty new to Quark myself but what about selecting the picture box then modify/ item and where it says background color and "white" in the drop down menu, set it to "none". I don't know if I totally missed the question but there's you go
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2001#23946 Report
Jase, that will work for text and for the area outside of the picture.. I think what they were trying to say was that if you import a picture of a black globe, when you crop it in a photo editing program to bring into quark....it will keep the white edges aroud the outside of the sphere... Non-white areas is the easiest way and to tell you the truth for most of the professional print jobs I have done( Be it simple instruction sheets,nothing too fancy), I have found the Non-white areas to be a sufficient way of clipping a picture....

Boy I'm chatty tonight!!!!,

Jim
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2001#23954 Report
Yeah, Filling the box with "none" or command+T for the "runaround" dialog and set it to none will work for graphics like vector eps files that havn't gopt a background. However, like jim said, that doesn't work for Photos.

It does work for b/w bitmap files though, I use alot of 1200 DPI bitmaps at work, and I often use runaround = none to make the white areas see thru. I've never tryed that on a PC though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2001#23962 Report
Thanks for your help. I am really getting an education. Have a Merry Christmas!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24063 Report
Hey I just learned something new.....(The black and white bitmap run around thing, cool..)

Thanks torn,

Jim
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum