TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

3ds max shiny material

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22358 Report
Once again, i'm new to 3ds max. Could someone help tell how to make the material really shiny and reflective like we've all seen a million times. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanx for any help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2001#22362 Report
This is for metallic text, but the effect should help:

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/tutorials/max/metallic/metallic.asp

This one is making a spoon, but it is reflective:

http://www.hallofheads.com/tutorials/tut7.htm

You might also look through some other tutorials at www.3dcafe.com.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 7th 2001#22684 Report
hey thnx, seems like using the raytrace map for the reflection is the way to do it, I'll try that out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 19th 2001#23935 Report
When you get into the materials window...Click on Raytracing......Set the Reflectivity to White..(which is 100 percent reflective)...I find setting the diffuse to black also helps..You should definetely have a cool reflection map as well...Under the raytracing rollout there is a tab for Environment.(Not the "rendering" environment). Put a cool sky .bmp in there and the object you apply the material to will reflect it...Lighting is very important to make things really shine too.... I try to put three differently angle SPOT lights onto the object with shadows "ON". It's alot of trial and error....
good luck,

Jim
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2001#24071 Report
hey, thnx for the tips xr650lvr, i'm gonna try that :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2008#187874 Report
How can I take a scene created in 3D Studio Max 8 and work on it in 3D Studio Max 9? I want to keep my Materials and I want to be able to go back and forth between the two programs. (One is used on campus, the other here at home) Is there anything I can do to accomplish this?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum