TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash Help Please!

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1823 Report
i was wondering how it is possible, in flash to make the whole screen, sort of "Rumble" is it a java script that can only be done in HTML?..or can you do it in flash too. When i say rumble i mean the whole thing, toolbar, address bar and all.

here is an example: http://www.tharow.com/Movie2.html

roll your mouse over the 3d looking part where it says "Row" and your whole browser rumbles, how is it done!

thanks in advance for your help.

-Brandon
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1824 Report
Why on earth would you want to create that affect?? It's annoying as heck. Particularily when it's the whole screen. Makes my eyes sore.

Not something I'd suggest but I guess it's really up to you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 16th 2001#1825 Report
Just a bit of javascript.

Here's what you need
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1833 Report
thats exactly what i wanted, thats the rihgt effect, but is there a script that you know of, that enables the whole browser to shake, without having to click on a button 1st?..i need this becasue im makign an intro for a site, and it starts off very slow, then all of a sudden i want this rumble thing to happen (the script), then the intro quickly speeds up with a fast paced song. i dont want my viewers to have to click a button to get the "shake" effect, would i just add the "GetURL" action into the frame, and not a button?..or what? you know of a way i can do this? thanks.

-Brandon
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1839 Report

start here then check other javascript sites:

http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/pagedev/webjs

look for browser shake or earthquake effect

Rogue
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1841 Report
Yeah, you can use it pretty much however you cant.

Just use a Get URL and add this in the URL box:

javascript:shake_xy() (well, depending on step 2, either _xy, _x or _y and the (Number).)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 17th 2001#1843 Report

2nd thought, use the code from the 'button' in the flashkit browser shake flash file.

place the code in the timeline, and instead of it shaking on button press, it will shake when it get to that point in the timeline. adjust the x andy coordinates to get more or less shake.

I think it has some tutorial instructions.

Rogue
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum