TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Scanning picture - Pixel Issue

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 29th 2008#187872 Report
Hi! I am trying to resolve a problem.

I came across you guys, and thought you may be able to assist me. This is my first post, i have been scouring the net in vain trying to figure this out. Anyway, here it goes;

I am in the process of scanning in some photos and documents for a website. I scan a image onto my PC and then use Gwenview to check the scanned images. When i select the image(1488x2384 1.5mb JPG) it comes up on the screen at 100% witch, is a great deal larger than than the actual size of the document. At this size the image shows excellent detail when scrolling across the picture.

If i then veiw the image (fit to screen or anything smaller) it appears very pixelated and grainy. Surly this shouldnt be the case? Is this a sizing issue? I am using a HP Photsmart all in one, and dont have any software for it and there are no resolution or sizing settings within the control panel. I have also tried different monitor resolutions, to no efffect. Other images witch i have downloaded from the net look fine at any size... so... i am a bit confused :confused:

Sorry if i am coming across as a bit dumb and confusing! Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2009#187893 Report
hi,
do you have another graphic viewer program. My self this sounds like maybe a issue with the Gwenview program it self, Having a hard time resizing the display of the image at a smaller resolution...

now i understand gwenview is for linux ( i am assuming that what yo have) .... i believe xnview (freeware) has a linux version avail.. you may want to check that out.... go to xnview.com

now another possiblity,, a memory issue.... the program and the graphic card are having a hard time working together when you go to the lower resolution of the picture..

now i don't know whole lot about your system and really know less about linux if that your operating system..... so there could be other possiblities..

Chrissaksa said:Hi! I am trying to resolve a problem.

I came across you guys, and thought you may be able to assist me. This is my first post, i have been scouring the net in vain trying to figure this out. Anyway, here it goes;

I am in the process of scanning in some photos and documents for a website. I scan a image onto my PC and then use Gwenview to check the scanned images. When i select the image(1488x2384 1.5mb JPG) it comes up on the screen at 100% witch, is a great deal larger than than the actual size of the document. At this size the image shows excellent detail when scrolling across the picture.

If i then veiw the image (fit to screen or anything smaller) it appears very pixelated and grainy. Surly this shouldnt be the case? Is this a sizing issue? I am using a HP Photsmart all in one, and dont have any software for it and there are no resolution or sizing settings within the control panel. I have also tried different monitor resolutions, to no efffect. Other images witch i have downloaded from the net look fine at any size... so... i am a bit confused :confused:

Sorry if i am coming across as a bit dumb and confusing! Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum