TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Compatibility

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1680 Report
Okay I've got two questions.

First off what does this site look like on a mac http://witchcraft.4t.com/index2.htm

It was design on a PC at 800x600 and tested mainly on IE 5.5 as that is my fave browser but was also looked at on Netscape 4.7.

If you could send me a screen cap that would be great. As I do not have a mac or know anybody with one it makes things extremely hard to design for both platforms.

Second question. What is the best way of making that look the same or similar on most or all browsers for both platforms.

Oh I guess I do have more than just two questions. What's the best way to test sites on different browsers on different platforms.

Thanks for all the help
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2001#1687 Report
There's a website that charges like $.20 per/whatever you call it. Like $.20 for view on Mac with NetScrape 4, $.20 for view on a Mac with Netscrape 5, and so-on and so-on.

I don't really think it's worth it if you can find a forum like this, because I know there are people here with <...the word makes me shudder...> Macs .

But if I find the URL I'll post it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1743 Report
I've been trying to find a group or someone who will help me with this one but everyone get's scared off cause it's about Wicca. I'm not asking you to become a witch, I'm just asking for your assistance. As I would like for as many people as possible to enjoy my site. But If I have to else where to get the assistance then I will.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1753 Report
Looks pretty nice to me....I like the color scheme.
I'll bet Charm might even like this one....being partial to green and all ;)

I checked it in IE 5, Neoplanet 5.x, opera 5, NS 4, NS 4.7, on the pc.....
On the mac, I looked at it in IE 4.x and NS 4.7... looks fine

On the macs things tend to be a little more verticle from my experience, so sometimes tables get screwy, but this looks pretty good to me
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1754 Report
Thank you so much. So everything looked okay did it. Was there anything that should be touched up like the alignment of the graphic with the table or did it match up fine??

Thank you again. I thought no one would ever respond!

Oh got another question for ya. Would it be possible for you to send me some screen captures so that I can see what it look like? Only if it's not going to be a hassle. Thanks so much again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1758 Report
the only thing you could do maybe is put a < P> or a < BR> under the banner at the top....its kinda crowding the header.

Screen shots i can from the PC versions....but I aint at work today so I cant for the macs....today anyway....check back monday/tuesday night ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1759 Report
here are the ones from the pc.....I only got one cap from one of my NS browsers cuz the were pretty much identicle.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/oddstuff/Wiccascreencaps
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1765 Report
Thanks you so much again. I see I may have to do some on getting it to look right on NN and Opera. I'll have to figure out the pixel difference between NN and Opera to IE. I've copied those pics so you can remove them if you'd like. I'm most interested in seeing the site on a mac so I can't wait to see the caps.

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2001#1767 Report
I'll get ya some mac caps monday if I have a chance....if not I'll get em tuesday....(always nothin to do on tuesday)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2001#1913 Report
got ya the mac screen caps, NS 4.7 and IE5.x

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/oddstuff/Wiccascreencaps/
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum