TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

what design software??

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 17th 2001#18714 Report
I am just gettign inot this stuff,

what kind of software is best for developing pages.

please dont say, frontpage, i think it sucks.

i know that there are programs like

golive,
dreamweaver,
acehtml,
and the ocasional text based programs.

what would you recomend?

and where might i find demos of these programs? so that i might test them out befor i purchase any?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 17th 2001#18715 Report
This has already been discussed in depth in another thread on the forum. You may want to do a search and read that thread as well.

Here is the old thread

Basically Dreamweaver is becoming one of the most popular WYSIWYG programs. That's what I've always used. Then you have Homesite and GoLive which are comparable to Dreamweaver.

Some people like to code things by hand, and use notepad, or other text based editors.

Recently I've been using a program called TopStyle to code CSS. It's very very good. Then I either code the HTML by hand, or throw something together in Dreamweaver. I've heard some people say that TopStyle works better with Homesite though.

Basically it comes down to your opinion. If you know Macromedia's products and interfaces, then you will probably like Dreamweaver. If you like Adobe, you will probably like GoLive. Or you may want to just code by hand in an editor of your choice. It's really up to you and your preferences and ability.

As for where to download demos,

www.macromedia.com - Dreamweaver
www.adobe.com - GoLive
http://www.bradsoft.com/ - Top Style
www.download.com - Search for HTML Editors and you'll find lots of demos and shareware programs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2001#18752 Report
thanx bunches
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum