TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

blured fast motion

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 26th 2001#17255 Report
can someone pls teach me how to create a effect where an image move frm one point to another with a blured effect in btween so tat it seems like its moving very fast. tnx
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 30th 2001#17531 Report
I just thought about this. Couldn't you just have the object move normally, and for a few frames before it, have the object in a slightly different spot? (ie. few pixels behind) This may give the type of effect used in cheesy Japanese animé. You know, where everything else is still and the character is moving at light speed or something rediculus like that. (If you like that kind of thing) Hehe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 9th 2001#18261 Report
Make 3 layers or more , create an object you want to speed up.
Make the moving path , copy the object to one of the reserved layers , change its transperancy or color to a lighter one ( adjusted to background ) make a delay by 1 frame , do the same with third and fourth object , here u go ( at least I think it will work )
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2001#18322 Report
From what I've heard I think this effect actually involves using a blurred bitmap image to simulate the "blur". I know I've seen it mentioned before, if I find any info on it I'll post here.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2001#18890 Report
There is a hard way, and an easy way.
Hard way: Put the picture into 5 or 6 different layers, all a few pixels in front of/behind the original. Not exactly sure if that way works, but it's worth a shop.
Easy way: Do what "fig" said, but the only question is, do you know how to do that?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 7th 2001#19988 Report
ive had success with this one.

get the basic shape and color of the object you want to move. create a new graphic using that basic shape/color but when you go to fill it, use a new gradientthat has the main color in the middle and the edges are faded to 0% opacity. basically the sape of your object with burred edges. after this you can also use "soften edge fills" but that optional.
on your first key frame have the object you want to move. then create a blank keyframe right after and place the blurred image. create a new keyframe a few frames down and then move your object. dont use more than 4 or 5 frames to give it the effect of fast movement. then create another blank keyframe and place the original object at the ending point.
do your motion tweens and yore all set.

i used that technique on a project i did last year. go here http://www.learnntc.com and take the virtual tour. youll see it all over the place.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 7th 2001#19996 Report
Nice stuff milhouse, really good pacing on the piece too. I'm gonna have to play with that, it's a nice effect.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 9th 2001#20150 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 10th 2001#20188 Report
Nice tip. Thanks... Feel free to upload it to this site ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum