TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash design in webpages.

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 19th 2001#16671 Report
I definitely agree with Fig about the work being more than money. I unfortunately didn't make enough doing web design full time, and so I have to get up every morning and go to a job I hate. It's depressing. It's a waste of time. I was ten times more happy when I was doing web design. If I could survive on less money than I make now (which I couldn't), I would take a design job in a second even if it payed less.

I also agree with Fig about there being a major difference between those who do it because they love it, and those that do it for the money. It really annoys me when my friends go off to college and they're like "hm, I think I'll be a graphic designer. I hear they make good money." They aren't even interested in it. They just do it for the money. Chances are they won't be a good designer.

So anyway. I agree with Fig and Charm.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 20th 2001#16678 Report
Well I was hired at work to be the web developer, but right now, we only have 4 technicians, and with the recent crop of "Super-Virii", I've been super-busy spending 12-hour days (today was 12.5 hours) just sitting behind a server removing and healing the piece of crap, removing the virii, and getting her online. I hate that job. I hate it with a passion. But you know what? I'm making more money that I could have possibly imagined I'd be making at this age because I'm going to get 30 hours of overtime by the time I get off on Saturday. And to someone who is consistently broke, no matter how much I make, those REALLY-CRAPPY overtime hours are a blessing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that what I'm doing at this point at work sucks beyond belief, but I'm making good money, so I guess money is more important to me, otherwise I'd be telling the boss to let me work on the sites that need to be completed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum