TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Publish Web in DW4

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15459 Report
Is there anything relating to the Publish Web feature in Frontpage in Dreamweaver? I want to stick a whole folder on the web.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15463 Report
Well I don't know anything about Frontpage, but there is an update feature on Dreamweaver that updates all of the files that are newer on your hard drive. I don't remember how though. Look around in the help files for the site features.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15465 Report
I think it depends on if you are running Dreamweaver or Dreamweaver UltraDev. I use UltraDev at work, and there is an option to do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 5th 2001#15470 Report
Well I'm just running the good ol' basic Dreamweaver 4. I've looked all up in the help files and the manual. They talk about before you publish your site and after, BUT NOT ABOUT PUBLISHING IT! If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2001#15537 Report
Taken from the UltraDev book:

1 Choose Site > Define Sites.
A dialog box appears listing currently defined sites.
2 Select your tutorial site from the list and click Edit.
3 In the Category list on the left, click Remote Info.
4 Choose one of the following Access options: Local/Network or FTP.
5 If you chose Local/Network, click the folder icon and select the folder you set up as a published folder on your Web server. Example:
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyTutorial
6 If you chose FTP, enter the host name of the FTP host, and enter the name of the host directory on the remote site. The host directory is where documents visible to the public are stored. Next, enter the login name and password used to connect to the FTP server, then select the appropriate firewall options.
7 Click OK and click Done.
8 In the Site window (Site > Site Files), verify that you've specified the correct folder on the remote site. If you're using FTP, click the Connect button to view the remote site.
9 Select all the files under Local Folder, including the Images folder, and click the blue up-arrow on the toolbar to upload them to the remote site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2001#15538 Report
Taken from the Dreamweaver book: This would be what you need. You're just going to have to look harder in that book. Took me 2 seconds to find it....in both the Dreamweaver & the UltraDev books, although UltraDev's version was a bit shorter, but probably not as relevant as the following

Associating a remote server with a local site

After you've created a local site, use the Define Sites command to add or change associated remote server information and Check In/Check Out preferences.

To associate a remote server with an existing local site:

1 Choose Define Sites from the current sites pop-up menu in the Site window, or choose Site > Define Sites.

2 A dialog box appears listing currently defined sites; select an existing site and click Edit.
If you have no currently defined sites, create a local site before proceeding; see Using Dreamweaver to set up a new site.
3 In the Category list at the left, click Remote Info.
4 Choose one of the following Server Access options:
Use None if you do not plan to upload your site to a server. Then click OK and skip the rest of this procedure.
Use Local/Network if your Web server is mounted as a network drive (Windows) or as an AppleTalk or NFS server (Macintosh), or if you are running a Web server on your local machine. Click the folder icon to browse to and select the folder where your site files are stored on the server. If you want the Remote pane of the Site window to update automatically as files are added and deleted, select the Refresh Remote File List Automatically option; for increased speed when copying files to the remote site, leave this option unselected. (To manually refresh the Site window at any time, click the Site window's Refresh button.) Click OK and skip the rest of this procedure.
Note: To manually refresh the Remote pane only, choose View > Refresh Remote in the Site window (Windows) or Site > Site Files View > Refresh Remote (Macintosh).
Use FTP if you connect to your Web server using FTP.

To connect to a Web server using FTP:

1 Enter the host name of the FTP host to which you upload files for your Web site.
Your FTP host name is the full Internet name of a computer system, such as ftp.mindspring.com. Enter the full host name without any additional text; in particular, don't add a protocol name in front of the host name. For example:
Right: ftp.mindspring.com
Wrong: ftp://ftp.mindspring.com
Wrong: mindspring.com
2 Enter the name of the host directory at the remote site where documents visible to the public are stored. See Determining the remote site's host directory (FTP only).
3 Enter the login name and password that you use to connect to the FTP server.
Dreamweaver saves your password by default. Deselect Save if you prefer to be prompted for a password each time you connect to the remote server.
4 Select appropriate firewall options for your site:
Select the Use Firewall option if you are connecting to the remote server from behind a firewall. (For more information on firewall options, see Associating a remote server with a local site.
If your firewall configuration requires use of passive FTP (which lets your local software set up the FTP connection rather than requesting the remote server to set it up), select Use Passive FTP. If you're not sure, check with your system administrator.
5 Click OK.

Sorry if this is in a bad format to read, but it's 12:30, and I want to go to lunch, I'm in a hurry, and my fingers are moving too fast.

EDIT: Oops, this was supposed to be over the top of the last post.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2001#15553 Report
I didn't want to keep you from lunch. THANKS SOOO MUCH. You rule, but you probably knew that already.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2001#15558 Report
It's my duty.

And yes, I know I rule. That woman that sits on the corner at 2:00 AM after the bars close tells me that every Saturday night.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum