TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash movie to dreamweaver

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1142 Report
I have this problem when using a slice of my image as a background to a flash movie when using it in dreamweaver. When I try to compile the images in dw, it seemed not to fit exactly of the other images in the table. The background image i used came from that image sequence then used in flash as a bg but when i placed it back on dw it does not seem to fit right...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1145 Report
Well, there's not really an exact answer for this as any number of things could have happened. When I do things like this in Flash I first slice the image and create the HTML in Photoshop/ImageReady, then I grab the slice I need and use that as my bg to create the Flash movie. Onve the Flash movie is done I open the original HTML doc with the static images in Dreamweaver, then delete the image I don't want and insert the Flash movie there instead. Hope that helps...

Chirs
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1151 Report
That's exactly what I did...But when I preview it in my IE browser theres a little gap as a sort of mis alignment of the images which is not suppose to happen coz I/we used the same sliced image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1162 Report
Are you setting the "align" and "scale" attributes in the dreamweaver drop down area for the .swf?? I can't remember but I normally always get a one pixel gap in Netscape unless I chosse "exact fit" or "no border"... Can't remember wich setting...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1168 Report
I recreated the problem, and what pank suggested fixed it

wonder why it only comes up with the gap in "some" browsers?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 8th 2001#1211 Report
Yeah. H and V alignment, border set...Still does'nt work for me:(
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1302 Report
anybody there???help...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1303 Report
Not this early in the morning........
In the United States it is between 3 and 6 AM
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1312 Report
Janspeed, got your files but I haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet (and please ask before sending an attachment next time). The problems lies somewhere in the HTML for your table, without seeing that code Ir eally can't do much anyway. Whatever the case, there is a basic thing that will make your table work a whole lot smoother.

There's a really basic thing about tables that folks tend to miss, and that's the fact that your leading edges (i.e. the top and left sides) lock in your column widths. IOW, those edges should be broken up so that there's an edge for every image you plan to use deeper in your table. Doc Ozone explains this better than I do, though I may do a tute for TeamPS on this as well, check it out here and it should help.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2001#1334 Report
Sorry I attached that to my mail. Thanks for your help. I'll try it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum