TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Who uses powerRIP?

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 10th 2005#170792 Report
I'm trying to set up a cost effective proofing system. So far powerRip is the only RIP program ive seen thats affordable. Does anyone here use it? Whats the best way to get accurate colour in proofs. Im unsure of which printer to buy yet as well.
Im using a hp deskjet at the moment but quite often the nice blues i get when printing proofs come back purple and vice versa... Drives me crazy..
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 14th 2005#170867 Report
RIP makes life slightly easier. Sure it gives you a nice selection of printers and papers, but do you really need that. I use Imageprint for my epsons (4000 Pro, 7600). The prints have a nice range of tones and accurate colors, but you still need to tweek. I would not invest in a RIP program if i were you because its just a small HP deskjet. It just isnt worth it. You can alter the colors with color balance, levels, and so on. Its that easy. MAKE TEST PRINTS, THEY ARE GOOD. No matter what printer, software, paper, ink sets you use, YOU STILL NEED TO MAKE TEST PRINTS and adjust off of them. Once you buy a HP designjet 130 or an Epson 4000 and on up, message me, then ill help you get started.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum