TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Urgent QuarkExpress help :( (Transparancy issue)

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 5th 2005#169109 Report
Hello all,
I am hoping that someone here can help me as I am in dying need of help for this issue.

I work as DTP for a Newspaper company and I am having trouble with transparent images being imported into QuarkExpress (I'm using 6.0).

For example, I am using a 'pin' image I got off the Microsoft ClipArt site, cleaned up the bg in Photoshop and saved it as EPS transparent file in Adobe Illustrator. It looks transparent while I work within Quark, however, after I distill my page and turn it into .PDF to sent it to the print show, a white background is visible around the area of the pin image that is suppose to be transparent.

Can anyone please help me out with this?

Thank you very much in advance.
Cecil
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2005#169114 Report
You should save the file with a clipping path in Photoshop and save it as a tiff. Then, in Quark, you can place the image and adjust the clipping path settings. Make sure in Photoshop that you zoom right in and tweak the path the best you can for the best results.

The second option, if it works (it may not since it seems that distilling the page shows you don't have a true transparency), is to put the image in like you have, and from there, put all the type on a seperate layer in Quark, and all the images in the background. Turn the type layer off, and export the page as an EPS file. Open that file in Photoshop and see if your transparency is there. If it is, just flatten that file and save as a TIFF. Then delete all your graphics and just put your new full graphic in. Make sure tho to have invisible boxes in the document to flow your text properly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum