TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How would I convert a Logo .psd file into an Illustrator eps file ??

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 27th 2005#167858 Report
Hi All,

I have created quite a simple logo for a small local company... you can see a web version of it here: www.plantweave.com.au

They now need that logo (just the lettering and the 4 'weaves') as an .eps file for TShirt printing...

Is there a painless way of converting or tracing from PS to Illustrator ? or can i somehow accomplish what im after a different way ??

THANKYOU very much for your help!!! much appreciated!!

Cheers,
paul
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2005#167865 Report
I assume you have the font, so it won't be that difficult to 'Place' the .psd into Illustrator, and then recreate the logo as curves. Once you create one 'weave' you can just duplicate the layer and move it.

BTW, once your done with the design in Illustrator, you can blow away the psd reference and make sure you explode the text to OUTLINES in Illustrator before saving as .EPS. Menu: TYPE | CREATE OUTLINES

Next time, remember to create any logos in Illustrator first, then take them over to PS ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2005#167897 Report
Hey Mate,

Thanks for your cool reply ...

Im a total illustrator novice ...im good upto the bit were you say 'create with curves'

How would i go about re-creating those flowing curves ??

Cheers,
paul
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2005#167914 Report
Well.... I'm not up to speed on the new Live Trace function in Illustrator CS, but there are different ways to achieve this; here are a few:

1) Using the pen tool in Illustrator to 'redraw' over the placed image with the sweeping logo curves
2) Use a package like Adobe Streamline to convert the pixel image to vector curves to import into Illustrator
3) If running Illustrator CS, use the Live Trace tool to create the vector curves http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/newfeatures.html

Personally I'm using PS 7 and Illustrator 10, so I would redraw with the pen tool in Illustrator to create the vector art for 1 sweep, and then copy the layer for the rest of the logo.

If you need tutorials on the pen tool, Mihai has written some good ones here >>> http://www.teamphotoshop.com/tut_illustrator/il_tut.php
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum