TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Little text gremlins with pointy hats in Dreamweaver!

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 23rd 2005#167789 Report
Ola! You all were such a help with an advanced PS issue, that I'm hoping the magic is still alive
I am just about finished with a site that was created with PS, and Fireworks. I'm using Dreamweaver to edit etc. and upload, BUT...the text has been cut and pasted (from word docs), and then font tweaked, into the Dreamweaver html, and when I view them in the browser window, I'm getting these little E^ gremmies all over the place (I've already checked to make sure it's not left over punctuation from the word doc text, and I can't see anything in the html that shows as "extra".
Is it possible that I've done something in the sizing of tables that messes about with the text..or...? :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 23rd 2005#167790 Report
It's because of pasting from the Word document. You'll always have trouble pasting anything from Word into HTML. Big surprise.

You can either replace all of the symbols manually, or re-save the Word document as a plaintext format like .txt or .rtf before you paste it into Dreamweaver.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 23rd 2005#167791 Report
ackkk! I was thinking that was the culprit, but hoping I didn't have to re-do the text...although if I hadn't been LAZY in the first place, and just typed it in originally....wellll y'know
Thank you~.... again, the forum has been a huge help,very nice. I hope I'm able to contribute eventually...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 23rd 2005#167792 Report
There are some utilities that may clean it up. Dreamweaver even has a built-in "text clean up" or something. Maybe even something to specifically convert something from Word. I can't remember. Might search the Help files for it though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2005#167797 Report
yes, i usually just copy paste right into notepad, and then recopy and paste the plain text..... no extra saving needed!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum