TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Illustrator stroke, like flash?

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 6th 2005#165455 Report
Is there a way for me to get my pen tool stroke in Illustrator to look broken and hand drawn?

Sort of like in flash where you have the option to make it a continuous line, a broken line, and a scriptish line etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2005#165457 Report
you can set your stroke to dashed with the little check box on the stroke palette (may have to view details) and can adjust the spacing there as well as if the line is hard-edged or rounded.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2005#165458 Report
yeah but that just looks like a dotted line. I was wondering if you could get it to look more hand drawn and 'unexact'.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2005#165460 Report
well, you can vary your distance between dashes which will break it up some and make it look more organic. and don't forget your brushes, that's the most basic way to alter your line roughness.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2005#165464 Report
the pentool produces paths - stroke is whatever you assign to be the edge of the path. It can be a brushstroke too. if you use one of the default brushes and alter the settings after you made your drawing - you can get all sorts of effects. Like my flower here - it's all paths - stroked with a standard 3 pt brush - which I then modified. Just click on a brush - it will stroke your drawing - assuming the stroke is topmost. If you double click the same brush you should get the context menu and be able to modify it....

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum