TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My attic

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158479 Report
Hey,

Just started this WIP today...its my attic (or as you yankees call it, a loft). The couch at the end isn't actually my couch, its a free model im just sticking in for the time being. Im working on the furniture now. Ill keep updating as much as possible...ive got a lot on my plate right now but ill do my best Spent hours on the lighting of this puppy!

http://cyblingdesign.com/images/attic.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158480 Report
that is a very believable environment. I like it. It's very airy and spacious looking....although I don' think it would look the same in a photo. the view right now is like one of the photos you see of guest rooms on cruise ships - they take it from the highest corner so that they will look larger than they really are
is your view from a point you'd get if you would tear down a wall? or is it a really long - "wagon like" attic? anyway it's very nice. I like the lighting a lot - I gues that's what makes it believable because the model is as yet lacking in texture and stuf (which I assume you'll do later?)
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158481 Report
If I had a loft like that it the walls would've been covered with drawings and stencils.

*hearts* white walls and empty room. :]
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158482 Report
Its actually measured correctly, i measured my attic and then modelled it...so it technically is correct, i suppose i have longish house! I know what oyu mean though, its hard to see proportion because there's hardly any pbjects...once i start putting stuff in it'll work better i think. The walls are actually a creamy white, so they wont change in texture, but the floor is wooden and the couch is black.. texturing is the last thing to do
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158489 Report
it would be a shame to add texture to the walls. They look great now.
You have a nice attic. Great for a painter too - loads of light ... assuming it's not facing north or west
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158490 Report
No like i said i wont be touching the walls, they're finished now. The house faces west, so we get sun in here from around 4 till sunset, its really beatiful at around 8pm
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2004#158494 Report
Spent hours on the lighting of this puppy

Nice! I hate when i see a great indoor image, and about 2 minutes was put into it then spit out with brazil or Final render. How many lights??

(Btw, what happened to modeling a 2nd car? )
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2004#158511 Report
Hehe the car...well that went down the drain im afraid. I did re-render my aston martin though. I just decided that one car is enough...now its time for my first interior.

I spent a good 4 hours on the lighting. I have 4 lights, one direct light with large falloff and Vray shadows and 3 other Vray lights which were basically 'light boxes', giving off soft indirect light. I had to then play around with the samples for the global illumination and save a global illumination map and use it for an irradience map which then smoothened it all out. Im quite please with the results...got a lot of modelling to do. Im gonna go to severeal furniture websites and check out some designs
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2004#158521 Report
Ok here's an update

I added this couch. As i said before, the earlierr couch was a freebie that i put in for scale, so this is a couch i made myself...

http://cyblingdesign.com/images/couch.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2004#158533 Report
Last update for today. Added spotlights and Velux Windows :P

http://cyblingdesign.com/images/attic2.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum