TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Layout Problems with dreamweaver

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154833 Report
Ok i made my site in PS i put into dreamwevaer.
i deleted the slice hightlighted below

i want to add a 1 colour back ground image so i do right click --> properties
then i select my image and then it goes like this

or even if i type text in there.
this didnt happen b4
i edited a layout a friend made for me and it worked fine wen i didnt edit it

i don t know html bty
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2004#155721 Report
I don't even understand what you are asking. Can you form your ideas/thoughts into a question?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155851 Report
[QUOTE=chadzero]Ok i made my site in PS i put into dreamwevaer.
i deleted the slice hightlighted below

i want to add a 1 colour back ground image so i do right click --> properties
then i select my image and then it goes like this

or even if i type text in there.
this didnt happen b4
i edited a layout a friend made for me and it worked fine wen i didnt edit it

i don t know html bty[/QUOTE]

What you may be seeing is the remaining table cells being brought up from the lower part of the layout. You made mention that you made the site in PS and imported it into Dreamweaver. You will have to rework the slices into cells and recostitute the tables to your preference. I'm just starting a family web site at
users.adelphia.net/~b2r18i9a1n. If you want to check out the code just save the page and open it in Dreamweaver and you can see how the sliced images fit into the cells to form the whole page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2004#158121 Report
If I understand what you're asking, it sounds like you want to create a 'content area' to put information (text) into?!? If so, you would be creating another table with a 'background color' assigned to it, that you would put content into. The only reason I can think of putting a solid color image into a site would maybe be to create a border or separator of a solid color where you don't want to have any content.

I know it sounds intimidating to think about, but you need to get a html book and start understanding the code--even if you want to do everything in a wysiwyg like Dreamweaver. You always end up having to fix or change something manually when it get brokedness all over itself.
:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum