TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Adobe Premier

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 10th 2004#153023 Report
Anyone here good at Premier?
I need some help, Ive tried to read in the manual, so dont RTFM me :P

I have two seperate clips, where one of them is in a higher resolution than the other, this is purposely, since the other one should be a little clip over the other in the left upper corner.
Ive tried to seperate the videotracks, but all I get is that the little clip resizes to full size :(

help?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2004#153069 Report
This is a bit of a bitch to do......as premiere is more for cutting and simple transitions.

What you need to do is:
1) make sure your clips are layered properly (small clip over big clip)
2) select the small clip and go to Clip>Video Options>Motion (or ctrl-y)
3) Click the beginning point, zoom out to the size you want and postition the clip.
4) Click the end point and enter the same settings (type them in to be more exact)
5) On the left side under "Alpha", select Create New.

If you go to Clip>Video Options>Transparency (ctrl-g) you'll see the key has already been set to alpha channel.

And your done.

Now there are other ways to do this. You could edit your clip with quicktime pro, any free app.......virtualdub 1.5 comes to mind...or Tmpgenc. If you did edit your smaller clip outside of premiere you would have to:

1) Resize and add the extra spacing around the clip (the clip + extra spacing needs to equal the resolution of the big clip)
2) Use the extra spacing you added to create an alpha channel.
3) Then import into premiere, and play around in the transparency dialog (most likely set to alpha channel....though others will work in some situations)

Hope that helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 11th 2004#153072 Report
Thank you
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum