TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Wierd Shapes from Photoshop

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 10th 2004#152971 Report
I have Photoshop 7.0 and Flash MX. In Photoshop, I have a wierd shape I made with the pen tool. I want to paste it into flash to make a shape tween between the shape and some text. The problem is, the wierd shape I have just shows up as a pic surrounded with a white box and it won't let me shape tween this way. Is there anyway I can transport this shape into flash and have it let me use the shape tween? Thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2004#152975 Report
Why not just trace the shape in flash? Paste your image from PS, add new layer, and trace the shape with the pen tool. Then go and delete the orig. image from the library.

The reason its not working is flash is a vector program......PS is not. Your pasting an image (not a shape) and you cant shape-tween that. You can only motion/effects tween (like alpha/color etc) Only Illustrator has the ability to export/paste into flash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2004#153005 Report
yup...only possibility i can think of is to try to export from ps as an eps file, not sure offhand if flash will take that in as a vector format or not tho.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2004#153006 Report
You can use transparent png's ... But you will still have a square image, just without a background... *edit but you would need to trace it to make it shape tween or you can use the bitmap2vector fill which works pretty well in flash. Especially if it's relatively simple.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 10th 2004#153007 Report
yeah, i was thinking png too but as you'd have to trace it anyway it doesn't offer any real advantage over any other bitmapped format you might import.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum