TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

a couple flash questions

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 13th 2001#12872 Report
Hey guys...I need a little help with flash 4.

I never use it but I've been trying to learn it lately and have a couple questions. I have made a little dumby flash page to illustrate my problems. http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/flash_port/site1b.html

problem 1: Why the heck can't I make my flash background 'cccccc' and my html background 'cccccc' and they "look" the same color? (any color gives me the same problem)

problem 2: I made navigation buttons out of just text... but you have to actually click on part of a letter.... to make a link work.... (see navigation on sample page) Am I going to have to put some kind of box behind the text to make it easier to hit the 'sweet spot'?

thanks for any info.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2001#12885 Report
Torn, the colors match to me. I can't see a difference. I am running at 32 bit color though.

For #2, thats what I always do. Add an actual square\rectangle button, and turn the alpha all the way down on it. Then add the text on top of it, that way you'll have a true hit area.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#12932 Report
Colors look fine here too. As far as the hit area, an easier way is to use the 'hit' state of the button for your box to define the hit area. But yes, you should do that

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 4th 2001#15367 Report
as for text navigation, i use a transparent button, i just define the hit state leaving the up, over and down states with nothing
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum