TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Sequential images

Page: 1 Reply
May 29th 2004#151804 Report
I'm new to flash but I've seen something like 'sequential' images being imported to flash. Its usually image1.jpg, image2.jpg, image3.jpg .
Like once you import image1.jpg (for example in this case), flash would also import the rest like a sequence.

My question is, does it have to be named certain way like image1.jpg or flash1.jpg or what? What number does it start? If somebody knows what I'm talking about, kindly elaborate and explain to me in simple terms how this works. Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2004#151805 Report
yes, it does have to be named in a sequence as your example above so flash could tell the order of the images and their placement on frames. you can also name your sequence images as image_01.jpg, or image_0001 image_0002.... as long as they have a numbered order.
then when you're in flash, select the very first keyframe on your timeline, go to File>Import to Stage, select the very first graphic file in the sequence and hit open. flash will pop up a window saying that it appears that that file belongs to a sequence of files and if you'd like to import all of them. hit yes and flash will import all the graphics of that sequence to your library and place them in order on the timeline.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2004#151806 Report
OK thanks...finally figured it out but I have one more question for today. I tried importing my sequenced images but when I play them, it goes really fast. How do I slow it down? Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2004#151828 Report
how may images do you have in your sequence? having 5 or 10 isn't going to cut it. you can always lower your frame rate speed which will slow it down some but you'll lose the smooth transition between the images. you want to at least have 15 images for every second of animation. having 24 or 30 will give you a nice film-like look.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2004#151871 Report
[QUOTE=kranekick]how may images do you have in your sequence? having 5 or 10 isn't going to cut it. you can always lower your frame rate speed which will slow it down some but you'll lose the smooth transition between the images. you want to at least have 15 images for every second of animation. having 24 or 30 will give you a nice film-like look.[/QUOTE]

I only have 8 images and its going really fast. I added it all together as a symbol and took a time to place them at 5 interval. I guess I should have just left it.

When you do those 24-30 images, do you do them all in photoshop and save each images individually? I'm still trying to figure out how flash mx works in conjunction with photoshop.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum