TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash Sites: Use photoshop or flash for graphics?

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 26th 2004#148919 Report
When you are making a site in flash, or trying to, do you make your graphics in photoshop and then copy or import them into flash and then use them, or do you do them in flash? and by graphics i mean things like... navagation bars, etc... as an example ill say the "mainframe" part on www.2advanced.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2004#148931 Report
I start everything in photoshop. If its vectors I'll make them in illustrator then import to flash... Usually all the text things I do in flash... but I mainly use Photoshop
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2004#148932 Report
Either way is perfectly fine.

I prefer using photoshop though. I hate drawing in flash, especially trying to align elements (say 1 px borders) etc. I also like the control i get over compression with photoshop. Also its easier to update ps images than trying to redraw elements in flash (and hope they stay in the same position). And after its all built in flash, i still have a backup copy in PS.

It really comes down to what kinda of interface you need to draw though or which method your more comfortable with (ie drawing in flash or drawing in PS)? Either was is acceptable.

About 2advanced......i cant really comment on the new layout, but there old layout (the blue one v2 i think) was all drawn in flash. Everything was done with gradients/shapes and strokes/line tool. There new layout looks to be that way too. Id be willing to bet they did it the same way again.

Is any of that helpful?? lol im not sure. If you need more help...then post what you want to do (or a screenshot if you could).
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2004#148959 Report
nope, that pretty much covers everything i was thinking about, thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum