TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

swf doesnt fit in w/ html page

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147041 Report
Was wondering if someone could help me figure this out...im replacing a graphic on a web page with a flash movie of the exact same dimensions, and it looks to be off by just a bit. I use the exact jpg that was there as the background in the movie...i align it to the corner at (0,0) even turn it into a graphic, and lock it! But its still off. I also tried using a mask that is the exact dimensions of the bg, and put it at (0,0).

Sometimes movies fit perfectly, sometimes like this one is just a pixel off or so. And ideas? its really buggin me

thanks!
-Ethan
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147090 Report
select your background graphic, zoom in till you can't go any further, now with the arrow keys on your keyboard nodge the graphic up two and left two. publish movie and that should fix your allignment.
you can also try to give your graphic a 1px transparent border in photoshop and export as a .png graphic. then import into flash and allign it at 0.0 to the top left corner of the art board.
i haven't tried the second method yet so it's up to you.
hope that helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147092 Report
up two and left two? hmm i will try that, thanks! is that a known bug or something, where they dont fit right?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147093 Report
yea, quite common. there are many threads about it on ultrashock forum. but, i figured out the first solution a while back on my own. just remember to zoom in till you con't go any further before you start shifting the graphic or it won't work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147095 Report
i probably should turn snap to pixels off then? otherwise i could just input the coordinates. so what are the exact coordinates for up two left two? is that just .2 each way?

i am trying it now btw
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147098 Report
hm, didnt work. actually made it worse. heres with it left 2 up 2: http://www.ekdesigns.biz/eSourceUK/coded/

even worse when further, so im guessing its the wrong way...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147102 Report
yea, i see the problem up by the logo area.
well, you don't have to beleive me but that's how i've fixed all mine. and you nodge it with the arrow keys, don't try to plug in the pixel values. i don't think it even equals out to 0.2. it's very weird and that's why flash is my most hated program.
also, is your imported graphic one whole part or is it on sepparate layers? that would make a difference too.
also, try turning off the allow smoothing option on your imported graphics.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 2nd 2004#147104 Report
i agree, flash is very awkward. tried to use the pen tool the other day...thought i could do something with it, WRONG. flash even crashed. HA!

graphic is the same big slice that was in the original doc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2004#147632 Report
any other suggestions? it might be even worse now... link: http://www.attunedesigns.com/eSourceUK/coded/

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2004#148682 Report
sorry, anyone?? really buggin me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum