TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

a little help

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 15th 2004#145413 Report
im trying to start taking up 3D modelling, im using wings...now im trying to make a human head.

i got tutorials and things on how to make them, and i have already made one, its not great but you can see its a head.

i was wondering if anybody had any tips that could help me make it look realistic....

like things i shouldnt be doing, things i should look out for just general tricks of the trade really.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2004#145515 Report
there's a great article around on the web somewhere by bay raitt (who was one of the main guys who worked on gollum for lotr) on digital sculpting that talks a lot about the concepts behind edge loops and that kinda thing. the site that used to have it isn't there anymore, i think i may have a pdf of it at home but i'm not sure. i'll do some looking tonight and see, i've got a few other digital sculpting links that may help as well.

other than that, just practice, do the same tute a couple times and you'll see an improvement in how you model, your detail, etc. just gotta keep at it

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2004#145536 Report
Persist, its all i can say. After around 2 and a half years, i've finally come out with a decent looking head. If you've just started, dont be too ambitious...its not an easy task. Remeber that texturing and lighting make something look realistic, not necessarily your model..
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 18th 2004#145658 Report
its not looking to bad....i mean you can see that its a head...the main problems im having is getting a decent looking nose and lips.... :(

ive got images of it ill try and post them soon..
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 18th 2004#145681 Report
found what i was looking for, bay raitt's site. the article is on there along with a ton of other great info and links:
http://cube.phlatt.net/home/spiraloid/

enjoy...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 19th 2004#145734 Report
you can find some images of my head here.

its not actually meant to look like anything i was following a tut on how to use edge loops and bevels to make a head.

i decided to make it look almost alien since thats what it looked more like at the end.

i would texture him with some of my skin, but i dont have any rendering capability's.

so what do you guys think?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2004#145906 Report
Vel_crow, i think you should get a mirror, and bring it to your workspace, and model yourself. thats what i would do. maybe. besides that, i recommend getting to know Wing3d fully, and read up on modeling techniques and anatomy and Michaelangelo's treatises on sculpture and the human body......well maybe not all that. but if it was my job, thats what i might do.

p.s. cybling, i love that head so much. very realistic!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 21st 2004#145925 Report
Keep at it..and yo should post the low poly version of the head, without NURMS iterations. I think you should just keep modelling the head stucture..use soft selection to do this, makes it a whole lot easier. Keep at it :D nice work
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum