TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

1950's Bus

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144255 Report
My newest model. The final details of my dragster were stressing me out so i started this as some modeling therapy lol. Its a WIP. Hopefully this wont take too long....the texturing is fairly straight forward...no complicated dirt/bump maps or car paint...and the modeling, well mostly square (how i like it....organic shapes and me just dont mix). When i finish i plan to replace a few images in my 3d section..hopefully give it a little more quality.

Update - http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/bus_wip2.jpg

Orig. image - http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/bus_wip1.jpg
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144260 Report
lol - it looks like a cruiser - a ship I mean - for some reason the color combination makes me think of the Titanic....

I like it
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 4th 2004#144286 Report
Looking good so far. The ONLY crit...and this is quite important..is that your mesh is far too high-poly. You have far too many cuts here for such an early stage of the model. The cuts are nice and clean, but most of them, you dont need. I'm just saying this from experience, i got dropped marks in one ofmy projects because of this...high poly leads to mess. Keep it simple and only if necessary, add more cuts. And i woundn't worry at all about textuing, leave that till the very end Keep it up though, cant wait to see more
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 5th 2004#144340 Report
Nice!! that's gonna look sooo great when its finished!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 5th 2004#144359 Report
Thanks.

About the ship......it might help if i add wheels lol.

I agree about it being highpoly. Most of that is due to the windows. But the problem im having is above/below the windows i need perfect straight lines for the paint job. And if i remove all those cuts ive made.....meshsmooth pinches like an old lady and really destroys my lines. Most of those cuts are to control meshsmooth rather than add detail. Ive tried weighting and smoothing groups...but it didnt work out too well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 5th 2004#144400 Report
No no..you dont have to create your model to fit your mesh...yes it would be more handy, but the way to go is UVW Unwrapping (look up in the help file), or i use a plugin called Texporter..its free and it unwraped your model so you can texture it a lot easier than Max's UVW Unwrap. Email me if you wanna ask question
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 6th 2004#144536 Report
Uwrap is the devil lol. Ive tried using it before...and it blows my mind every time. Texporter wasnt much of a success either. But its not all bad, ive cut down the mesh quite a bit.

http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/mesh_clean.jpg

There are still some lines i can weld to others though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2004#144639 Report
Much better :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum