TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Photo Gallery Software

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 20th 2004#142895 Report
Has anyone used something like this before?

I'm looking for an easy way to display images and photos. I just don't have the time to design a gallery with all my work right now but I'd like to get my current work up on the net. The way I've done this on my site right now is just too time consuming.

Any good programs out there I could use that opens separate from the site that could possibly be used as a gallery? Any tips?

Something Like This
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 20th 2004#142907 Report
www.hotscripts.com

Lots of them in there. PHP, ASP, Javascript....

a few I like - and on GNU license:
(search hotscripts as I don't remember the links)

QDig
SPGM
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143029 Report
That's a great site, thanks for the link. I'm going to try and see if I can get some of the programs on there to work. Do you know if it's possible to get some of those PHP, ASP, and Javascript one's to work in Dreamweaver?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143030 Report
You can edit them in Dreamweaver fine, but you can't view them as html (like in Design view). One I am using at the moment (and modifying) is the QDig. I actually like it's functinality. But it needs a thumbnail php thing installed on the server (name is passing my mind at the moment).

When you start using php and/or asp scripts you might as well install a local server to develop with. Makes life a lot easier. You can easily set it up how your host has, then you won't run into server issues.

or you can edit directly on the server using Dreamweaver and ftp or sftp.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143048 Report
[QUOTE=Marble]You can edit them in Dreamweaver fine, but you can't view them as html (like in Design view). One I am using at the moment (and modifying) is the QDig. I actually like it's functinality. But it needs a thumbnail php thing installed on the server (name is passing my mind at the moment).

When you start using php and/or asp scripts you might as well install a local server to develop with. Makes life a lot easier. You can easily set it up how your host has, then you won't run into server issues.

or you can edit directly on the server using Dreamweaver and ftp or sftp.[/QUOTE]

So the server that I have my site on now, I upload all the files and then I can open the program and edit it that way?

I'm looking at this one to be more specific Photo Gallery

I've read the read me and the details but I'm still unsure how to get started. It sounds like they have a template I can fool around with. The only confusing part is just doing all on my server. I'm use to doing everything in dreamweaver and uploading the stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 21st 2004#143050 Report
You can edit them in any old text editor, but you need a web server with php installed to actually view what the result is - the example you have is in Perl run in the cgi-bin, so you would have to have mod_perl installed as well (if running a home web server - but your host would have it already installed - default most of the time with most *nix OS's). If Dreamweaver complains it can't open the file, then either right click the file and open with - set to always open with Dreamweaver, or you can go into Dreamweaver and edit --> preferences --> File Types / Editors and add the extension (s) you want to edit to the list.

If you want to edit directly on the server, when you add a new site in Dreamweaver, you set it to edit remotely with files also stored locally. You input the ftp info and you are set. Then you can switch between local and remote view of files and edit that way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143139 Report
Thanks for your help.

I think at this point this is just beyond me right now lol. I tried to follow about every tutorial regarding php on macromedias website. I'll have to give this another go some other time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143174 Report
[QUOTE=Marble]But it needs a thumbnail php thing installed on the server (name is passing my mind at the moment).[/quote]

Something along the lines of gd2 I think. PHP4 comes with it by default I believe, and the libraries for other image formats are on the PHP homepage.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143184 Report
I use gallery, its pretty sweet, it has a whole admin system behind the scenes
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2004#143265 Report
[QUOTE=!mo0chan!]Something along the lines of gd2 I think. PHP4 comes with it by default I believe, and the libraries for other image formats are on the PHP homepage.[/QUOTE]

This one requires ImageMagik to be installed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum