TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

old timer

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 5th 2001#11682 Report
well, i am a intermedite web designer...i have created about 5 pages,, i know html and javascript, but have not made a web page in years...i was busy programming in vb/c++ and art...but now i want to start making pages again, any sugestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2001#11685 Report
I don't really understand what you mean. What are you asking?

Please optimize your signature image some more. We have a 25k size limit here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2001#11686 Report

k, i will, sry, i did not know...i mean, do u have any tips on web design...like for navigation, or for making web graphics, do you get the picture?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2001#11689 Report
Practice, Practice, and Practice some more!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 5th 2001#11691 Report
That's a pretty broad question. I think it may help if you asked some more specific questions. I mean asking questions like that go into a lot of theory, personal opinion, and site-specific stuff. A site for a retirement home is going to look and act a lot differently than a site for a video game.

But, I'll give some brief answers.

Navigation... Make it as simple as possible. Try looking at the site as the user, not the designer. People that come to the site to use it aren't going to know it as well as you. Put ease of use and function before your pretty graphics. (This can be different for some sites as well) But the point is, if people get frustrated with your site and can't get anything out of it, then they'll just leave. So all your fancy graphics won't even be seen.

Images.... Kinda goes along with the above answer. Very site specific, as well as personal taste. (Some people like orange.... some don't.) Keep the file sizes low though. It's not a C++ program or piece of art on the wall. People have to download every single graphic on the page, and if it takes a long time, then they'll just leave most likely.

Just look at your page and design as the user, not as the designer, and that will be a good start.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2001#11844 Report
k, thanks for all of your help
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2001#13338 Report
I think you can read some book about HTML,CSS,JS,
and use software like Dreamweaver,Fireworks,Flash,Photoshop and more........
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum