TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

weird quark issues...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137822 Report
ok, i've been working on a catalog that was printed out on a desktop printer so it was created in RGB, images created in photoshop and saved out as RGB tiff's then placed in quark (i've actually just been doing the changes on it, didn't create it). now they want to send it out to a printer to have it done 4-color so i'm changing up some of the layout and updating all the images. when i convert from rgb to cmyk in photoshop and then open that cmyk tiff in quark, however, it looks REALLY green, as in nothing like it did originally. when i export the page as an eps and open that in photoshop it looks ok tho. anyone have a clue what's going on? does it matter how it looks in quark? thanks.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137825 Report
Hey Chris,

This happens to me all the time in Quark. I don't recall Quark 4 having such bad screen previews, but Quark 5 is just awful. I check the eps files probably 5 times before I convince myself that everything is ok. Just have faith my man. That is my only advice. It's a terrible thing to do to a designer, having horrid previews. Your printshop will print the file perfectly. (Also helps to have a proof just in case. )

This is another reason for the industry to convert to Indesign. Indesign has different quality screen preview settings, and even the modest setting still gives you an accurate indication. Not like Quark where it looks like a giant blob of colour.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137826 Report
using quark 6.0 here actually but thanks, very reassuring to know that and if it were up to me i'd SO be using indesign, on a contract gig tho so its take what you can get. i had to use freehand the other day to trace some logos, bleah...

appreciate the info, thanks.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137828 Report
btw, as it seems you've used quark a lot more than i have, how can i create a text box where the text flows vertically. i've got borders at the edge of each page and want the label there to

r
e
a
d

l
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

thanks

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137840 Report
I really have no clue. But I am curious myself. If I find anything, I will PM you, and then edit this post.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137844 Report
sounds like a plan, thanks

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137850 Report
This is the best advise you will ever hear ;)..... Get InDesign and never look back.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137856 Report
i wish i could, i'm only using quark because i'm forced to...heck, i'd rather use pagemaker if i could...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 14th 2004#137859 Report
Dude....I truely feel for you. We have IDCS here at work and have been using ID since v2 was released. It IS the quark killer. We have just got a dual G5 2ghz with OSX 10.3 Panther and we also got Quark 6 for that fact we need to access Quark files from time to time. Hopefully someday you will be able to use ID as I do on a daily basis. I don't think there goes a day where I don't say "I love InDesign".
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 16th 2004#138034 Report
GET INDESIGN!!!

It will solve all you problems, and you will fell free ,and with version Qcue it so good trust me... I will never go to back to Quark again..

However if you do choose to use Indesign... Finish your current project in Quark, quark file can be converted in Indesing, but I found the conversion to far from perfect).
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum