TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Go Live Cs or Dreamweawer 2004

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 11th 2004#137237 Report
I need a good (and need a legal version) web editor...

I studied with dreawawer 4 (I also used 3 at my work) wich seem to do a goos job, but a bit out dated now... (and its a student version)....

So here I face the big question...

Should I get GoLives CS or Dreawawer 2004

First they are both 399 (online) so the price cant makeme choose (good thing)

I have Photoshop CS Illustrator CS and Indesign CS and Acrobat profesinal). It could be cool to use version Cue with it and this Indesign contetn sharing stuuf.., Plus the standard adobe interface...

But Im used to Dreaweawer, I like the interface and the way it work... And the new founctions of 2004 look good also...

So can anyone here give me their advice on this...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2004#137240 Report
I don't keep up with GoLife at all, but Dreamweaver just recently improved its CSS support, which is pretty important. But I don't really use any WYSIWYG editors extensively anymore so I haven't really been keeping up. Dreamweaver has some nice site management features and all of that as well. Plus all the back-end coding it does.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2004#137256 Report
I used GoLive 6.0 (the version before CS) for about a year and a half and the code it generates sucks and its CSS support, while existant, is not easy to work with. If you have to get a WYSIWYG editor I would recommend Dreamweaver, 'cause the demo I had was really good and it seemed a whole lot better than GoLive.

Also, I hear that Macromedia has a lot of resources on their website for people who use their programs legally.

Overall though, as tough as it may be, I would recommend trying to learn CSS and XHTML by hand coding (though with a few tweaks Dreamweaver can produce valid XHTML). Hand coding helps you learn more about what you are doing and fixing problems is easier, as even with the best WYSIWYG editors, they will spit out crappy code from time to time. But WYSIWYG offers a faster development cycle (at least in my experience), but you seem to be sold on them already, so I would go with Dreamweaver and do the tweaks in the link above to make it produce valid XHTML and CSS.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2004#139455 Report
i agree with /\ try Dreamweaver. i am getting golive but just because i am a loyal adobe user. but dreamweaver, its like my best friend. lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum