TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

illustrator help

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137027 Report
i've never used it before.. so my ? is can you make a File's res. bigger for exaple... a 72 dpi changed to a 300 in it i've heard that you can but you cant in photoshop... if this is true how do you do this? thanks!
AF
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137055 Report
My understanding is that Illustrator's resolution is infinity. So that if your printer has a resolution of 500 dpi, then your Illustrator printout will be 500 dpi. Photoshop is a bitmap tool, so you can set the resolution by using the Image Size dialog box. I may be wrong, though - Ive never used Illustrator.

but post in the correct section! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137067 Report
Illustrator is a vectore drawing program so there are no dpi issues untill you rastorize the file by exporting as a JPG or TIFF. Illustrator files can be enlarged to any size and retain it's crispness (as long as there are no rastor images embedding in the ilustrator document). AI or EPS files are more commonly used in printing. You can create you artwork in Iluustraor, save as an eps or pdf file and open it in Photoshop and rastorize it at any size and resolution you prefer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137077 Report
exactly, to clarify: after you create your illustrator artwork and have saved it as an .ai file (to make sure it retains all its editability) resave it as an eps, open that in photoshop and set the resolution at 300dpi and the desired dimensions when it asks.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137080 Report
illustator = mega good. yeah vector based, so you can enlarge your work to as big as you want it and will lose no quality. Unless of course you bring in a photo image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137112 Report
well that happens to be what i'm talking about say i'm making a desktop background and the background has photos on it that i took off the web with a res. of 72 well thats just not going to come out clear if it's say i photo sized at about 60x60 pixels. and i'm tring to make it around 600x600... it becomes pixelated and doesnt look right so i hear thet you can change the res. from 72 to higher if you wanted to in illustrator...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 10th 2004#137114 Report
[QUOTE=trhaynes]
but post in the correct section! :D[/QUOTE]

where is that? does it really matter?

look under the forum name and it does say "anything goes" so really it doesnt matter what goes in here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2004#137133 Report
negative on both things. if we all just posted anything in 'anything goes' then it'd be total chaos. if there's not a forum for a certain subject then feel free to put it in there, but since there's a forum that has "illustrator" in its description that's not the case. and your other q, no, if an image is bitmap (pixels) then its not scalable, vector art (drawn in illustrator or flash) is scalable.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2004#137175 Report
[QUOTE=Fig]negative on both things. if we all just posted anything in 'anything goes' then it'd be total chaos. if there's not a forum for a certain subject then feel free to put it in there, but since there's a forum that has "illustrator" in its description that's not the case. and your other q, no, if an image is bitmap (pixels) then its not scalable, vector art (drawn in illustrator or flash) is scalable.

chris[/QUOTE]

That is 100% correct.
Anything goes is general chit chat for the most part. Software help is labeled for the most part. Also you are more likely to get a reply in the correct forum ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2004#137291 Report
ok i'll do it next time
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum