TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Anybody here use Blender for 3D?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135588 Report
Just wonderin, because it's free, powerful as a $2000 3D software package and runs on about every platform except Gameboy (seriously - it's even available for PocketPC).

http://www.blender3d.com/

It is one awesome app. They even have built-in raytracing about half-done. Very nice. I reccommend this app to the hilt.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135618 Report
No haven't actually used it yet...mostly because i have better educational software but i wouldnt mind trying it out...ive seen some stuff over in www.cgtalk.com that have been modelled in blender.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 1st 2004#135644 Report
if you're looking to model i'd check out wings3d, killer little free program that is just amazing when it comes to poly modeling. i haven't used blender personally, from what i understand its got some nice tools but doesn't really compare to a higher end package when it comes to animation control. if you really want to get into 3d i'd look around to see what kind of deals you can find, there are some great learning versions as well as some good deals on things like cinema 4d in magazines on occasion, you can also find slightly older versions of software on ebay for really cheap if you look around.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum