TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

3DS MAX installation prob...

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130509 Report
Hey guys,

Just ordered 3DS MAX...

I tried installing it and this is what I get...

"A component of the software license is not available. The program will exit. [Code 193]."

So then I download the new licensing system and reinstall it. It still says the same thing.

Any ideas to cure this??

Thanks,
Makemedie.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130584 Report
As far as I am aware this is a problem with C-Dilla. Have you had any previous cracked or demo versions of Max on before?

Try searching through your registry after uninstalling Max and removing all reference to C-Dilla and Max or Discreet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130628 Report
Call Discreet, they should be able to help
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 26th 2003#130670 Report
Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. Im sorry but I do not use cracked or illegal software. I did have a demo version of 3DSM before. Im guessing it will work fine if I format my computer and try installing it again.

I did call discreet support, and they asked me to reinstall C-DILLA. So I did, but the problem persists. Somebody also told me that this sometimes happens because of norton. So I disabled norton (note I did not remove it, just disabled it) and its still the same.

Thanks,
Ill try that soon.

Zak Petrowski.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2003#130776 Report
i really suggest then that you go to the discreeet web forum and ask other users or go to www.cgtalk.com's 3Ds max forum and ask them.

Remove everything discreet related including cdilla and completely reinstall the product. If the proplem still persists and nobody knows why, call Discreet again. Sorry to hear about this prob..must be a pain in the ass.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 27th 2003#130777 Report
Try downloading some utility like JV16 power tools and do a complete registry clean on your computer. After you remove the program and then do a reg clean, it should locate an wipe out any traces of a program that is no longer installed.... Then try re installing....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum