TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Importing Illustrator eps into Quark

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 24th 2003#118903 Report
I read that when I bring an illustrator file into quark 5 I should save it as an eps. Well when I save it and import it into quark the colors are all messed up. The colors have some type of checkard pattern on them.

I used all pantone colors, and I tried saving the document as a eps both as cmyk and then even rgb.

Anyone know how I can import a picture from illustrator and have it print and display properly?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 24th 2003#118929 Report
Yup

..you're seeing Quarks preview image...that's not what's gonna be coming out of the printer. There is an option in prefs where you can increase the colour bit...put it up the highest bit colour, re-import your pics and voila. Quark is just trying to make your document quicker to read by displaying your images in small bits. HTH
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2003#119127 Report
Nah, the problem is that my project is printing exactly how the preview shows up. I'm going to try and collect for output.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 26th 2003#119130 Report
hmm...weird. well, just fyi, an eps file always needs to be cmyk. let us know what you get figured out.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum