TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

silo - new 3d modeler

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 18th 2003#118265 Report
caught this on another board, a new company called nevercenter is introducing a new subdivision modeler called silo, its only going to be $109 for a downloadable version and will have a demo available when they release their new site sometime this week. bit more info on their site, could be interesting...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2003#118314 Report
Wow nice find. Looks really really nice..kinda Maya-ish. Cool..supports N sided polygons, C4D still doesn't even have this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2003#118344 Report
yeah, i dig the edge operations too. question tho, won't it depend if your render/animation program supports n-sided polys? does look cool tho, and for the price it may be a good investment. i'll post once i get to play with the demo with some thoughts.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2003#118393 Report
Well that's sorta like asking if you make something in Maya, do you have to work with it in another package which support n polys...i suppose that's a yes answer. I really don't know enough about this, chris, i'll be learning about this stuff in my DA degree. But, I think the OBJ format converts N sided polygons so that it will work in any program. Give me a couple of years and i'll answer that! Damn...is the software only PC?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2003#118402 Report
cool, thanks. and the initial version (demo and i'm assuming the purchasable version) will be pc but they've said mac and linux versions will be quickly following.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum