TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

few fairly simple q's

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 1st 2003#119959 Report
well as Zwarte stated , knowing Javascript certainly makes action scripting much easier , being that Actionscript is a derivative of javascript, but actually offers up much more funtionality when applied to flash actions, they are fairly close.

Mike Moncors book :Teach yourself Javascript in 24 hours is a great reference and intro to the world of javascript , tho the idea of learning it in 24 hrs is rather inane, its got some pretty helpful tutorials and stepping stones for learning. I wouldnt advise using it as your only reference but certainly its one to keep on your shelves.

you might also want to check out the
Macromedia Advanced Actionscripting: Training from the source
some great scripting techniques that open sooooo many idea doorways its unreal !!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#119962 Report
lol cool r there ne online? i prefer to learn this stuff when i can do it at the same time.

and (without this sounding really harsh) how come ur website isn't better? i mean, i would say my first and only flash website (www.thorium.tk) is better than that, and from what i see of your actionscript skills (or atleast what appears to be) you should blow me away wiv cool stuff :D...

ne more cool actionscript stuff neways? i need to be able to say;

"you have version of Macromedia flash,
you are running this system on , with the browser."

(all in arrow brackets will be replaced wiv the user's system's equivelant.)

cheers
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120043 Report
I dont see that as harsh , but check out the link on my "lookand see" part of the menu , the alternate dd.com website is an example of actionscript at its best, none of the movie clips are even on the page , they're called up from the library dynamically using actionscript
second ,
simplicity is where all things begin , which means ...I'm studying ColdFusion MX right now and dont have the time to put forth a major overhaul on the page, which i'm sure i will eventually, no rush , as skills progress so will my pages, but what i know will always be more than what i show,
simplicity, cleanliness, and functionality is what a normal user looks for , bells and whistles only complicate the idea of selling yourself, being self employed in a completely different trade than web development has proven that to me time and time again.
As far as comparisons, if you feel that way great, be proud of your work for what it is but remember 3 questions:
Is it simple to use ??
Is it pleasing to the eye?
Does it do what it should ??
if the answer is yes in all three cases then its perfect, and you need not add more than that or it could be overkill.
AND last.... my goals in web design and development are probably different than yours , i am aimed towards integrating Flash with ColdFusion for a more dynamic and functional style site, pointed more towards the concepts of the, Macromedia website , more backend , and just enuff bells and whistles to get the users attention and hold it.
but if you really like flash ....i suggest looking at Alien-Trick for some inspiration, to me the holy grail of Flash.

BTW your forum link : A) spelled wrong, B) doesnt work
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120050 Report
hey dude sorry if i offended.

new link to site is www.thorium.tk not www.thorium-uk.tk i upgraded and updated it.

"forium" because of "thorium" sorta weirdo quirk.

new site's forium does work

thanks again :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2003#120161 Report
LOL dont sweat it ...everyone has an opinion , i can handle ... its always good to get input wherever available ....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum