TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

First 3D walk test

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 15th 2003#113807 Report
Well i just got MOTIONBUILDER in the post today, amazing application, recommend it to anyone. I've never done a walk animation before, i've tried but failed miserably. This program just makes it so easy. After one hour i've made this..

http://cyblingdesign.com/movies/walk.mov

It's pretty bad i know, but i suppose it's ok for a first try. He looks really out of breath or something. I got lots of Motion Capture stuff with the package...really sweet stuff. The particle system is very sweet too. Anyhoooo, any comments?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2003#114215 Report
good initial test. he doesn't really show any weight tho, think of a walk as a controlled fall. watch yourself in the mirror, your body is falling forward and your foot is going out in front of you to catch that weight. check out http://www.rubberbug.com/tutorials.htm for a great tute (his two books are also killer).

i actually just picked up MB myself and will be doing some playing. i've also recently invested in the 3d toolkit from dvGarage and am working on surfacing and lighting there. i'll let ya know when i've got something worth showing

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2003#114231 Report
That's great, heard the dvgarage software kicks ass. You'll love motionbuilder. I've done a much better walk scene since the one above. MB comes with 3CDs worth of 3Dbuzz tutorials and walk cycles are in there...MB is really really cool, worth every single penny. Remember to post some stuff, or just email me, you know my addy
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2003#114244 Report
yeah, the software (and especially the tutes with it) are awesome, its basically just an older version of electric image (nice renderer). i just have the cd version of MB from digit magazine so i don't have the tutes or manuals, i'll upgrade to the full version when they release MB5. i'll definitely let ya know when i've got some good stuff to show. keep posting, we need to get the 3d forum busier in here

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2003#114311 Report
I don't know much about 3d animation, but i'd say that's an awesome first attempt, looks great.

Lets us know when you've done some more :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum