TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

frame rate // movie size

Page: 1 2 Reply
Aug 15th 2003#117847 Report
Go to my website. The whole thing is 25fps....higher frame rates make things look smoother and the motion less jagged. Take my rollover buttons for example...if they had a frame rate of 12 it looks horrible. Another example is in the portfolio section where i have a floating mouse thingy. If my frame rate was 12 it too would lag. But because it's 25, it smoothy upadtes to your mouse's postition. It's just my style to have higher frame rates and longer motion tweens/aniamtion instead of slow frame rates and short motion tweens/animation.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2003#117848 Report
VERY CLASSY !!! hey i'd just like to apologize for our first meeting Cybling, not very nice of me ,and i apologize , in the meantime, your work is outstanding!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2003#117853 Report
Cheers mate, no problemo. I apologize too. Enjoy your stay
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2003#117908 Report
hey, one last note for fps is if you move things quickly in flash, increase fps.

and cyblindDesigns is way cool, is it just a mask on "links" to draw around the woman?

cheers
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2003#117911 Report
i wish i had a flash site :P

frame rates being increased is just for the sake of smoothness.

TV fps is 29.97. film 24, and PAL 25. all pretty much look the same, but HDTV is 60fps, which is why it looks more clear and the motion smoother.

in flash is hard to say what it does, what with the mac inability to play flash well.

i've seen 400$ PCs play flash movies better than 3000$ dual processor G4s. if you're making a self contained app, it doesnt really matter much, since it wont be playing the flash player within a browser, so it alots more processing power to it, and it doesnt have any other evens interrumptin it [a .gif loading, or a pop up, or maybe content loading in another frame]

i've done animation tests at 99fps and is very cool., if the machine plays it properly, only because thats the limit on quicktime, but in After effects you can go up to 120fps, which is REALLY smoooooth.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2003#117972 Report
"in flash is hard to say what it does, what with the mac inability to play flash well."

I can play flash fine...as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Chriso, the woman was meticulously drawn over frame by frame.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum