TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Preloading Question

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111542 Report
I built a preloader bar. I made it from the tutorial at kirupa.
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/percentagepreloader.htm

Now, my question is, it says to have your movie on the 3rd frame. The only problem is, my movie involves multiple layers. Basicly, I am making a preloader to an all flash website. And my movie has very many layers for buttons, scrolling boxes, clocks, etc...So, I need to know how to add the full flash site on the 3rd frame.

If it helps, I am using Flash MX.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111554 Report
Edit>Select all frames,
then drag em all across 3 frames.
make a new layer and stick your preloader in.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111575 Report
as long as your movie starts on the third frame it shouldn't matter. you can also make that piece of code at the end of the preloader read gotoAndPlay(whatever) where whatever is any point on the timeline you want to start the movie, it doesn't really have to be on frame 3.

there's a really good preloader tute at ultrashock as well, i use pretty much that preloader and put it in a scene before my main movie.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111584 Report
LAV, I didn't really understand that but I will see what I can do. Fig, I am going to check out Ultra-shock and see what I can accomplish. Thx for the help. Anymore help from anyone is appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111586 Report
The only preloader tut i found at Ultra-Shock was for flash 5 and it didnt really help that much.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111589 Report
Ok, maybe you guys didnt understand my question. My full-flash site has MANY layers. But, How can I add multiple layers to one single frame which the full-flash site is on. Thats my question.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111608 Report
It is probably better to make the main level for layout. You can create everything underneath in movie clips, etc. When I was learning flash that made a lot of difference in organizing a project. The other possiblilty is you can add more scenes and create one that is a pre loading scene. Which automatically jumps to the main site upon loading.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111618 Report
How would I go about making it jump to the next scene.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111619 Report
Geez.... its been a while since I did anything in Flash - lol.... But in 5 that is how I set up the pre loaders. You might have to make a scene which organizes your scenes. lol. But look a bit on the internet. I will look around when I get a minute and see what I can find.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2003#111620 Report
well, the ultrashock tute is for flash 5 but works flawlessly in mx, just because its written for a slighty different version doesn't mean the same principles don't apply. this is the best method i've found for preloading:
http://www.ultrashock.com/tutorials/flash5/preloaders.html
to add that preloader i generally pull up my scene menu and create a new scene, call it preloader and put it before my main scene. when i have it working and everything loads i have it go to the first frame of the main scene and play.

as far as having everything on the same layer/same frame, i really don't understand what you're trying to do. if your site starts on frame 3 and continues to frame x, as long as the preloader is before frame 3 and then tells it to go to that frame it doesn't matter exactly what's on what layer at frame 3.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum