TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Color Quality in Flash Websites

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110855 Report
I just designed a portion of a site in Illustrator and imported it into flash. When I view it on the web its very ruff looking and doesn’t look anything like how a vector constructed site should.

Anyone know if it’s possible to play around with any flash settings to improve the quality? Anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Here’s a link to the page. You can see the quality for yourself. Looks like a photoshop image with the colors turned down.

Link
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110859 Report
How did you import the image(s) into Flash? If you used a web format like jpeg, then when you save the swf it compresses it again. So use a format that is not lossy? Flash can import Illustrator, but depends on what version. You might need to save as the file into like Illustrator 6 or something (if possible) or another format that uses vector, like .eps, then import it into flash. My guess.

Also make sure you are working in the same color mode. If you are working in CMYK in IA, then converting to RGB in flash it will alter the colors.

But both are vector programs so there shouldn't be any rasterization of anything you create in Illustrator. But note if you are adding any kind of bitmaps to illustrator, like if you create some of the work in PS, then that is not vector. Its a bitmap image placed in a vector program.

on a side note again. Your site doesnt appear to need flash at all? it looks like a regular html site? any reason why you want to use flash?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110875 Report
I’m currently trying to learn flash, so I wanted to take my design and do it in flash. The buttons, scroll bars, and my art portion of my site are the main reasons I’m trying to do it in flash. I’ve built the main structure of the site in illustrator but there are many different elements I can add on top of it which I plan to use flash for. I also like the idea of having a pre-loader for my website this time around.

I think I’m going to try and just import my Illustrator file into flash like you said. I’m using version 10.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110876 Report
just a tip...not sure if you know about it but in Illustrator > Export > swf. then just open the swf and copy the symbols(or frame) to your site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110879 Report
yah that's what I ended up doing and it worked just fine.

Thanks for your help guys. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110887 Report
Another tip, if you import a picture file like a gif or jpeg, in the Library (ctrl+L), right click the image and hit properties i believe, then change the drop down menu from Jpeg to lossless.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum