TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Clock

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110817 Report
On pankpages and cyblingdesign, they have clocks that show seconds and everything like that. I am familiar with the actions that you can choose for getTime getDate and stuff like that but now, how to I set it up. Basicly, I want to get hour, minute, and second. Thx in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110825 Report
I did my date script by looking through an Actionscript book (colin mook). Can't really remember how to do it. Go to www.flashkit.com and doa search, i'm pretty sure they have one. If not, try google.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110834 Report
You might want to spend a few minutes and download the ActionScript Guide at Macromedia. It will show you all the functions and what they do. So, my guess is it will show all the date() functions and the format they can be displayed in, or how to make your own formats. Shouldnt be too hard.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110847 Report
I already kno what the action scripts do. Basicly, im trying to figure out how to set the clock up. Like, if I should make a text box and then put the actions for the clock in the text box. I hope that makes sense...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110865 Report
Some tips:

I would create a function first.

In the function set a couple variables to "getTime" (date....etc). Also use Math to get the numbers in the format you want (i dont know if they are decimals or not....never used the time script).Now set a final variable (in the fuction) to something like Time + "minutes" + seconds + "Seconds" + "date"; Basically you want to add all your variables/Text together into one neat...readable variable.

Now set a variable or clip or frame event to invoke that function. (also you may want to create a loop)

Now set a dynamic text box to that last variable (the one where everything is added) so it displays all the numbers you want in the format you want.

Reminder - This is all off the top of my head...so some of it may be a off. But thats similar to how i would go about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110880 Report
Thx but I had already figured it out.lol..sry u wasted ur time typing
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110882 Report
go to google. It's all there..or even www.ultrashock.com. Only flash ppl over there
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110888 Report
I wouldn't have considered rodder "wasting his time" lol

Wanna see a cool idea? go to http://inko.cjb.net . In that site, they put a clock and put either "Good morning", "good afternoon", or "good night" depending on the time. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110895 Report
That is a good idea. The reason I said he was wasting his time is because I had already figured it out before his reply. I mean, if I hadn't then his instructions would've been extremely helpful. But, if a "noob" in flash is reading this post then it wont be a waste of time since that "noob" will learn something new.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110901 Report
Originally posted by supahsekzy
I wouldn't have considered rodder "wasting his time" lol

Wanna see a cool idea? go to http://inko.cjb.net . In that site, they put a clock and put either "Good morning", "good afternoon", or "good night" depending on the time. :P

that is pretty easy to do actually.

You could set up a case where it checks to see what time the system clock on the client says and displays a message.

Case timeGreeting
case morning
time >=1:00 AND < 12:00
display message Blah Blah, eat your cherios....
case afternoon
time >= 12:00 AND < 17:00
display message Eat your salad foo!
case night
time >= 17:00 AND < 24:00
deafault case
Drink bev.....
end case.

or you can use If ..... Else If....... structure.

or a Loop.

But probably a case would be best in this case.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum