TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

dreamweaver rollovers

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 18th 2001#8859 Report
I am using DW3 and whenever i use rollovers the rollover is so slow. is this cause of the DW code or is it just my slow computer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2001#8882 Report
Could be both. Dreamweaver is known to have slow rollover code. Slow javascript altogether actually. But then you lose the ability to just press a button to make one. So it's up to you if you want to hand code all the rollovers or not. You could at least hand code one and see if it's any faster than what Dreamweaver does.

Also, make sure the rollover images are being preloaded. You may be waiting for the image to download before it will switch.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9062 Report
Doesn't PS do it also?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2001#9063 Report
Yes, ImageReady can do rollovers, but I would imagine its code is pretty bulky as well. If you are that worried about speed, then hand code it. Otherwise just use Dreamweaver. That way you don't have to import the code from ImageReady or whatever.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 23rd 2001#9509 Report
once you write a little rollover code for yourself, you can use it everywhere you need it. its actually really easy. there are even some little utilities online which will generate the code for you to cut and paste that will create more efficient code than dreamweaver. good luck!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#10026 Report
ok - i will try to use the code of DW 4 trial. I hope this one is better - otherwise I will write my own one.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13808 Report
ive had this problem before, but only in DW3. since i upgraded i havent had a problem at all with slow rollovers. the only time i had that problem was when i was viewing a page in IE. when i would check it on netscape it would be fine.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum