TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash and google

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106383 Report
What's the deal with flash sites and google ranking.
I had a great ranking until I changed my site to a total flash site.
Now I'm not there at all same with my business site.
Not that it means much to me personally but I gotta know in case I do a site for some one else.

I also think that google cant read links on a flash site. is this true.

Does this mean that it is only boring html sites are going to be listed.:confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106396 Report
" only boring html sites"

there not boring if u do them right, they can b neat & stylish,
and some pll dont like flash
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106403 Report
The problem is that flash encrypts the content (the text).
BUT, flash 5 onward (I think), generates a token header tag to the source with at least some of the text that is used when making the .swf, that way googlebots and such can still catch some keywords. Of course, HTML sites are better off when it comes to search enginges.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2003#106552 Report
So when I publish my flash move and the html says and or whatever it says Google can read this right...

How much does meta keywords and description count for
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2003#106554 Report
You want my 2 cents.... placement on google depends mostly on 2 things: How unique your site material is and how many links/ clicks your site gets. Well you would have to add that your content must be easy to decipher. Meta tags are great. Keep them simple and to the point. But honestly if you have a site that, for example is a PS tutorial site(which there are tons), good luck in getting 1st on google unless you are hit like 1000 times a day. Google is the most used search engine and everyone wants to be placed first on it. But.... as was the original topic of this thread, if the Googly bots aren't able to decipher what your site is about, then they may keep on passing you by.... So maybe check Macromedia's site about this? and definitely use some description about your site in the meta tags.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum