TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Snapping to a path.... in Illustrator

Page: 1 Reply
May 27th 2003#105345 Report
I was curious how to snap an object to a path in Illustrator. Basically I am thinking of a logo where I want to have a ring of circles. But to make the circles uniform it would be nice to snap them to a circle path. Any way to do this?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2003#105347 Report
Post a jpg link of a quick Photoshop sketch of what you want to do, maybe with arrows a text notation in the image. Sounds easy, but I wanna be sure I'd be describing exactly what you want to do.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2003#105349 Report
http://www.dot5hosting.com/

See the logo on the upper left corner.... I was working towards something like that. I was thinking there would be 2 easy methods. a, if a circle stroke exits then that would be best, b. or make some circles and snap then to a path so they would line up (rather than meticulously zoom in and align them accordingly.)

I have Illustrator 9 and couldnt find a circle stroke option. So I opted for plan b.....
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2003#105370 Report
I'm lazy today...

I suggest checking THIS THREAD for all the ideas you'll need.

Once you get all your circles sized, spaced and arranged, select and group (Command/CTRL-G) them all, then choose your Free Transform Tool (E) and crank out the perspective of the lot of them. Grab a corner anchor, start moving it and THEN, WHILE CONTINUING TO HOLD THE MOUSE BUTTON, add the Command/CTRL, and-or Option/ALT and or Shift keys, alone or in combination, to see how they skew the group of objects.

If your experimentation strands you in no-man's land, ask again. If you figure it out, show your results.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2003#105374 Report
Thanks Utopian! I will check it out and tell you if it worked....
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2003#105378 Report
To be honest, I spend as much time using Illustrator as Photoshop, if not more.

Play with it regularly and you'll find out how indespensible it is.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 28th 2003#105414 Report
I really like Illustrator as well. I am probably more like 30 - 70 with using it compared to PS. Coming from a bitmap angle its got a different learning curve which I am still working on =).... But lately I have been using it more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum